How We Started

It was March, 1919 when William E. Stevenson left his sales position with the old Canfield Oil Company to start out on his own. He recognized the need to serve a large segment of business that the major oil companies were not interested in. He began by working out of his garage in the Glenville area carrying bulk motor and industrial oils to service stations, garages and small industrial and construction businesses. In the 1920’s, the name “Peeroyl” was trademarked. Then in the late ’30s, the plant was moved to the Euclid area and finally, in 1951, to our present location in Wickliffe near Cleveland, Ohio. We have since increased and renovated our facility and service to best accommodate our customers’ needs.

Our customer service and products are the best!  We get rave reviews from our customers again and again.
Stevenson Oil